Risa R. Mueller, PMP
Vice President, Senior Public Affairs Strategist
With more than 30 years of experience in project management and communications, Risa’s dedication to successful conclusions has served the firm’s clients well. Risa joined the Franklin team in 2006, and currently manages client relations, provides deliverables oversight and facilitates the firm’s communications and project management practices. A native of Terrebonne Parish, she works from the firm’s Baton Rouge office and travels regularly throughout the state and southeast United States.
Her experience includes:
- Community relations management for private and public clients across the state
- Media relations adviser for clients statewide, including planning firms, engineering firms, petrochemical companies, and numerous non-profit organizations
- Facilitator of collaborations across multiple layers of project contractors, including employees, executive management and state leadership on statewide projects such as RESTORE LA’s buyout and resettlement programs, Louisiana Watershed Initiative efforts, major transportation planning and implementation efforts.
- Effective management of community outreach and interactive public participation efforts on local, parish and statewide projects, including appropriate policy refinement on programs. Current projects include the Pecan Acres and Isle de Jean Charles resettlement efforts.
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge and certified Project Management Professional through the Project Management Institute